Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Perfect Summer Dessert

Since moving to my new house I have gone above and beyond in the kitchen. By trying new recipes, stepping outside my comfort zone and actually following the instructions I now find myself having fun instead of getting frustrated. I am a proud library card holder and check out 2-3 cook books a week. This week I picked up "Cooking with all things Trader Joes" by Deana Gunn and Wona Miniati (click here to purchase from Amazon). To say that I enjoy Trader Joes is an understatement, I adore it!


The recipe I chose to make was "One Bowl Peach & Blueberry Cobbler" (on page 206)

You will need:
- 1 Cup Buttermilk Pancake mix
- 1/4 Cup Melted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Sugar ( I used 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 of Agave Nectar)
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 3 Cups of Sliced Peaches ( I used White Nectarines cause my boy loves them)
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries
- 1/4 Tsp Cinnamon

Add ons that I did (not needed but oh so good)
- 1 cup of Strawberries
- I did a crust on the top that was super easy to make. I just used the same pancake mixture from above, added 1.5 Cups of Granola and drizzled honey on top. It was YUM but not needed.

Directions:
- Pre heat oven to 375
- Select a pie dish. Melt butter right in the pie dish and set aside.
- Add pancake mix, sugar, and milk to butter in pie dish. Stir with fork (yes while in dish). Batter should be lumpy. This is a very relaxed recipe in case you couldn't tell.
- Scatter fruit over the top of the batter you just mixed. Lightly sprinkle cinnamon over the berries.
- If you decided to make the crust I mentioned then now is the time to put that ooey goodness on top of the berries.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until light golden brown.


 White Nectarines

 Juicy Strawberries that I added



 Fruit added to the top of the pancake mixture



Fresh out of the oven

Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment