Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Bits and Pieces

The joy of living in a new home, having it all set up and being able to simply relax, is a wonderful thing. Our flat is on the bottom level of a three story house (there are 3 flats, two above us) and has very unique details that are typical for most San Francisco homes. One of my favorite aspects of our flat is the private backyard. Needless to say, I have taken up gardening and can't wait to get my herb garden up and running. Here are some bits and pieces of my new nest.

One of the seven bird houses in our backyard 

Wall of colorful vinyl record cases 

The vintage door knob on our front door  

The blue tiles that are placed all over the backyard. Adds a pop of color and detail.  

Weekend books


6 comments:

  1. Oh, moving into a new place is always so fun! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the doorknob and the blue tiles. The tiles remind me of Frida Kahlo's house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on a new home!)

    Im your new follower!

    Come check us out!

    AllGlamThings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Lovely pictures! <3

    xoxo
    www.thefashionmoodboard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, you have a lovely backyard! How exciting. I too, for the first time in my life, have my own backyard and we're gearing up for our first BBQ. Yay!! xo

    ReplyDelete