Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Butterflies in Panhandle Park

Panhandle park is one of my favorite spots to throw down a blanket and lounge here in San Francisco. Its a 2 mile narrow park that ends, or starts depending where you are, at Golden Gate Park. I ride my bike thru The Panhandle everyday, on my way home from work, but I truly cherish the moments when I can just relax, look up at the trees and watch the butterflies. On this particular day a butterfly wanted to make friends. It was there the entire hour that I was. Landing on my book, playing with my hair and landing on my blanket. I will never forget that day or that butterfly and luckily I was able to capture a few pictures of it. 

I swear this city has turned my hair gold

The butterfly on my shoulder 

Panhandle Park

Hangin' with me on my blanket

What a lovely day that was. 

4 comments:

  1. Love these pictures! Looks like a nice relaxing day : ) Your hair is gorgeous!

    By the way, I'm giving away a free piece of jewelry of your choice from Towne&Reese. Just go to www.l0velindsey.com to check it out and enter : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't believe the butterfly landed on you...how cool is that! love the location, sounds like a nice day.

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
  3. the butterfly on your shoulder is a great shot! and it contrasts so nicely with your colorful shirt! cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so amazing that a butterly landed on your shoulder..... awesomeness!! :)

    xx Love & Aloha

    ReplyDelete